Canadian Mobile Casinos – What To Look For
The best casinos give you access to everything you need, but in a way that makes sense given the particular quirks of modern mobile devices (e.g. smaller screens, touchscreen controls, on-screen keyboard, etc.).
Here are a few features to be aware of when choosing from the wide selection of available mobile casinos.
Online casino games are designed to work perfectly with a mouse, as for many years this has been the main method for controlling the action at any online casino. Touchscreen controls can be a great replacement in many areas but are not always perfect. For example, when touching the screen you cannot see the area being touched; small on-screen buttons can be difficult to press with accuracy, and placing them too close together can result in 'misclicks' or accidentally button presses – a potential nightmare when it comes to placing real money wagers!
Whatever games you like to play, you should make sure the experience on a smaller touchscreen is a pleasant and easy one. If you enjoy live dealer games, for example, you want an interface that lets you see the live action clearly while also letting you accurately place bets and see the full layout. If you're a Slots player, ensure your device has the necessary screen size and resolution so you can make out every detail you need to see.
All the convenience in the world is useless if the games are no fun, or awkward to play, because of hardware limitations. To make sure you don't sign up to a casino site with a sub-par mobile offering, head to our famous casino reviews section!
Playing the games is one thing, but it's also handy to be able to have ready access to your account management tools and settings.
Some users mostly play on a desktop computer and only occasionally use the mobile version, but others may play exclusively on a mobile casino's app. For these players, access to their account via the mobile device is important, as that is the only way they are using the account.
Ideally, you want a mobile experience that – in addition to playing the games – allows you to do things like opt-in to promotions, update personal information, request withdrawals and make deposits, and even use the built-in responsible gaming tools.
Playing at mobile casinos doesn't need to mean accepting a watered-down experience!
Choice of Games Optimized for Mobile
The best Canadian mobile casinos have a lot of choice when it comes to the games you want to play and the stakes you can play for. But are those same games available in the same way when using a mobile device?
Playing online Roulette on a desktop screen, for example, is great because you can see the whole layout and all chips wagered at a glance. But can that experience be easily translated to a smaller mobile screen? The answer is yes, but that doesn't mean it's a perfect translation for everyone.
The fact is that some apps and mobile casinos are better than others when it comes to how they present games which take up a lot of screen real estate. What you don't want are things that hamper your experience. Things like:
- Ambiguous buttons which are hard to identify
- Text you can't read as it's too small
- A cramped layout, making the wagers you're placing unclear and hard to see
- Buttons too close together, leading to misclicks and mistakes
- Annoying sound effects
- Action moving too fast for the interface to keep up
The best mobile casinos and casino game providers know exactly how to make best use of the mobile screen. This can mean dynamic layouts, for example, which change size or prominence depending on the stage of the game, or a zoom function allowing you to drill down into the layout for the exact wager or piece of info you need.
Depending on your specific handset or tablet, you may encounter compatibility issues when attempting to play at some mobile casinos.
As a rule, the several most recent models of iPhone and Android handset will work perfectly with your mobile casino or casino app. Other models and tablets may well be fully compatible, but as iOS and Android dominate the mobile landscape it's these type of device which are best supported.
If you use a different make of device, or an older model of iOS/Android device, it may be worth checking with a mobile casino's customer support to ensure your model works with the casino software or app.
The Best Canadian Mobile Casinos
Our casino review section is an invaluable resource when it comes to finding a great new place to play, whether you're focused in particular on mobile gaming, or not.
But if you're seeking a new casino and want to quickly see how it copes with the demands of gaming on the go, here are a few things we'd test out first.
- Launch a simple game of Blackjack. Can you see the cards clearly, as well as read any helpful information on the table or in the layout?
- Try a spin at Roulette. Is the layout easy to see? Are you able to read the odds, where relevant, and follow the travel of the ball in the wheel? Can you easily adjust the size of your bets?
- Try to open your account settings, and see if you're able to do things like update your personal info, make a deposit, opt-in to a promotion, or access responsible gaming tools.
- Launch a live dealer game, and check if you're able to see and hear your dealer clearly, as well as your tools for making a bet. Can you see the layout, the wheel, or any other important information, as well as being able to see your dealer and what they're doing? Furthermore, is it easy to type messages to your dealer, or does entering text cover up the crucial parts of the screen you need to see to play?
- Open one of your favourite Slots, ideally one you've played before. Is the experience comparable on a smaller screen, or do you feel you are missing something?
Mobile casinos aren't necessarily for everyone, but if you can find an online casino that offers a good version of itself on mobile it opens up possibilities. You never know when you'll find yourself kicking your heels with time on your hands, and a few rounds of your favourite casino game could be just what you need!
As always, our reviews section has everything you need to know when it comes to making the best choice for your needs, so head there now and check out the latest reviews on new online casinos for Canadian players.