About this Policy
This Policy explains when, how, and why we process information collected from visitors to our website.
1. Owner and Data Controller
Blow Fish Marketing Limited, registered at Sovereign Place, 117 Main Street, Gibraltar, is mainly responsible for collecting any website visitor's personal data.
Owner contact email: email@example.com
2. Types of Data collected
In some cases, we may process the following personal data about you:
- Email address
- IP address
- Location data
- Website usage
- Personal preferences and opinions
Personal Data is either freely provided by the User or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this website.
Unless otherwise specified, data requested by this website is mandatory, and failure to provide this data may make it impossible for this website to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory can contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the data to the Owner.
3. What do we use your personal data for, and when do we process your personal data?
Blow Fish Media will collect information when you use our services and visit our websites.
Personal data is used to:
- Analyse information collected and improve our services based on the information collected.
- Improve targeted advertising.
- Register you for an account, if we make it available
We will only process your data, if:
- You have provided your consent to us using the data.
- Our use of personal data is necessary to support our business and its legitimate interests, such as improving our websites.
4. With who do we share your personal data?
We work with several third parties that are responsible for storing your personal data. We do so to help manage our business and deliver services. These third parties that have access to your data may include:
- Sanity.io, the cloud infrastructure provider we use.
- Our analytics providers (Google Analytics).
- Aweber Systems, the mailing application we use, which is based in the USA.
- If we sell, buy or re-organise any of our assets.
5. International Transfers
As mentioned in section 4, we operate with some third party providers that store their data outside the European Union (International transfer).
6. Direct Marketing
Direct marketing is usually in the form of an email or targeted online advertisements. However, you always have the possibility and the right to say no to direct marketing by using the opt-out link found in any marketing communications. You can also always contact us directly.
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in Section 3 of this Policy.
We keep your personal data during a specific period to meet legal, tax or accounting requirements in some circumstances.
We maintain a data retention policy for personal data in our care. Where your personal data is no longer required, we will ensure it is securely deleted or made anonymous.
8. The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may inquire with the Owner to determine which rights apply to them.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to processing their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if The Owner is processing data, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, transmit it to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority. In the first instance, Users should contact us first.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
It is recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the top.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed based on the User's consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.