Online Roulette Odds
Once you have a basic understanding of roulette rules, you’ll want to learn about all the different online roulette odds. There are many different types of bet available in online roulette, extending far beyond the basics of red and black, or betting on one particular number. In this guide, our experts will explain every type of bet along with the accompanying online roulette odds. We’ll also give you expert advice on which bets to favour and which to avoid.
Table of Contents
Play Roulette Now!
If you’re ready to leap into the action immediately, you can click through to join one of the top-recommended online casinos above.
They’ll all give you a chance to win at online roulette with a series of exciting roulette variants. And, if you’re new, you can claim any of their appealing welcome bonuses.
Types of roulette bet
In order to get to grips with online roulette odds, the first thing you need to do is learn the different types of bets. This will give you a deep understanding of what you’re betting on and how likely each bet is to occur.
There are two sets of roulette bets, known as ‘inside’ bets and ‘outside’ bets.
Inside bets take place inside the roulette numbers on the table. So, if you’re spreading your chips across the specific numbers you think are going to land, you’re placing ‘inside’ bets. These have some of the biggest online roulette odds available.
Here is a list of inside bets on roulette:
- Straight: A bet on one number
- Split: A bet split over two numbers
- Street: A bet split over three numbers in a line
- Corner / Square Placed: A bet split over four numbers, situated on the corners
- Six Line / Double Street: A bet split over six numbers on two lines
- Trio: A bet on three numbers including the green zero
- First Four: A bet on 0-1-2-3 only
- Basket: Like the ‘first four’ but with the double zero
Outside bets are located outside of the regular numbers on the roulette table. Outside bets include some of the wagers which give you the biggest chance to win at online roulette, like backing red/black or odd/even.
Here is a list of outside bets on roulette:
- 1-18 (Low, Manque) or 19-36 (High, Passe): A bet on the highest or lowest 18 numbers. Does not include the green zero
- Red or Black: A bet on red or black
- Odd or Even: A bet on odd or even
- Dozen: A bet on 12 numbers, split as 1-12, 13-24, 25-36
- Column: A bet covering a full column of 12 numbers
- Snake: A snake covers multiple numbers, but not in the same, predictable pattern as other bets. It covers the following numbers:1, 5, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 23, 27, 30, 32 and 34. To bet on a snake, place your chips where the corner of the 34 square meets the 19-36 betting box
Online roulette odds
Now that you have a solid understanding of the different types of bets available, it’s time to delve into the online roulette odds that go with them.
Here is a list of bet types alongside their online roulette odds:
|Six Line / Double Street||5/1|
|1-18 or 19-36||Evens|
|Red / Black||Evens|
|Odd / Even||Evens|
The best online roulette odds
If you’re new to online roulette odds, your first temptation might be to back a lucky number and hope for the best. This is not a great strategy. Instead, you should use the information on this page to assess the odds and probabilities to give yourself the best chance to win at online roulette.
A good rule of thumb is to stick to the outside bets, not the inside bets. That includes bets like red, black, odd and even. The odds might not seem very appealing – they each pay out at evens. But the probability of landing is very realistic, at 48.6%.
By comparison, a single number combination has a very unrealistic chance of hitting at 2.7%. That means you should hit less than three times for every 100 spins.
Online roulette betting strategies
Another option many players utilise is to employ a strict betting strategy, following a predetermined plan for a better chance to win at online roulette. Again, many of these focus on the smaller online roulette odds like red/black or odd/even.
You can try out some strategies like the Martingale system or d’Alembert betting strategy. These can alter your online roulette odds in that they help you stretch your money further with consistent bet sizing and adjustment. Ultimately, the house will always maintain an edge.
Now that you know more about online roulette odds, you might want to try some of these funky new bets – like the snake – at a real table. If so, you can join any of the online casinos recommended on this page. They’re all available to players in Canada and have some terrific versions of online roulette.
Unsubscribe at any time. We promise we are spam free and we will never share your details with a 3rd party.